The Chocolate Face Mask
Who doesn’t love chocolate? Well, I don’t - not really. I mean, I don’t love how it tastes, but I love how it treats my skin. The good thing about chocolate as a skin ingredient is that it is very affordable and easy to find. Even better, chocolate helps our skin's glow up meaningful ways.
A study by a German university determined chocolate has great benefits to the skin, including:
- Lowering the effects of UV rays on the skin
- Increased blood flow to the skin (more nutrients)
- Increased skin thickness and density
- Increased skin hydration (different from moisturizer)
- Decreased skin roughness and scaling
So, in summary, chocolate nourishes, softens and has an anti-aging effect o the skin. How do you get these benefits? You can eat your way to these benefits. The results for the study were found after 12 weeks of regular consumption. Since I don’t eat chocolate, I created a chocolate face mask and scrub that works perfectly for my skin. Instructions re below.
What you’ll need
- Tiny bowl and spoon
- 1 square of DARK chocolate- melted (70% Cocoa or more)
- 2 teaspoons of coffee grounds (fresh or used)
- 1 tablespoon of Trinity Skincare Facial Oil
How to make it
Melt the chocolate in the bowl. Mix in coffee grounds. Add oil. Mix well until there is an even consistency. Apply evenly to a clean face. Leave the mask to sit on face for 10 minutes. For the last 2 minutes, massage the mask over the face and allow the coffee grounds to exfoliate the skin. Rinse off and apply your favorite face moisturizing cream.